Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Beginning of the End (or It's My Birthday)

Today is my birthday. I am entering the last year of my 20's. Anything twenty-something sounds young and cool; anything older than that . . . doesn't. So I'm really not that excited about this birthday - it's the beginning of the end.*

Since we had to be at church this morning at 8:30am until about 12:30pm and Ben has some meetings this afternoon and then he has to go into work for a few hours this evening, we decided to celebrate my birthday yesterday.

Despite my lack of enthusiasm for getting older, I had a really great day.

I slept in and then woke up to doughnuts (and hats!)!
Later, Ben gave me an address and informed me I had an appointment there at 3pm. The surprise? A pedicure! I decided to get 'glitter toes'. I kind of feel 12, not 29. See what I mean?
When I got home an hour and a half later, Paige was napping and these were waiting for me on our kitchen table.(Your first glimpses of the inside of our new (old) house - more to come soon. Promise.)

And then Ben told me to be ready at 6:30pm and to put on a dress. We dropped off Paige with Noelle, Steve, and Anna, and Ben took me here for dinner.YUM! The food was SO good. I had the Butternut Squash Soup (BEST butternut squash soup ever), Chicken Marsala, and Creme Brulee. Delicious.

So, Happy Birthday to me :)

Thank you, Ben!

*I realize there's plenty of life left after 30 - maybe even the best parts. I'm just being dramatic.

7 comments:

Owner of the Band said...

That's amazing! What a great day and a great husband. Happy Birthday, babe!

lori said...

Happy Birthday Bridget! And good job Benner! I hate saying this but I really have been wanting to call you. Really. I would like to hang out sometime and catch up. Lets try and make a plan. Matt is off next weekend so we should play! And I totally get the age thing. I feel like I am that much closer to 40. Ugh. I am forever 22.

Jean said...

Hahaha!! Bridget, I love that last thing that you wrote. You're so funny. But HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! YAAAAAY!!! It sounds like Ben treated you to an amazing day. The big 2-9 is coming for me in December, so I think we should both make our best effort to live it up during this last year of our 20's, haha!

That Girl said...

Happy Birthday, girl.

And I like the glitter toes.

Anne said...

You are so old. :) I officially become uncool in a month.

Anonymous said...

You have this all wrong!! 29 is your year to celebrate still being in your twenties! Besides you are hotter than ever:)

meagan said...

Happy birthday. I am not so excited about 29, or 30 for that matter either. Nice work Ben for making it a special day. Congrats on the house, and another baby on the way!