Monday, January 19, 2009

Faces

We got a new camera after Christmas (thanks to Grandma & Grandpa Miller's Christmas gift and Costco prices). I haven't had many opportunities to play with it due to potty-training, going to Seattle, and having the flu but I got it out on our way out the door one day last week and asked Paige to make these faces:

Happy:

Sad:

Surprised:

Angry:

The camera's a Nikon D60. It's my first SLR and so far I really like it. I thought about springing for the D90 but a) Ben would've killed me (not literally!), b) I'm just beginning to learn about photography, and c) with my sister's camera history, I'm afraid I might drop it in the River, or smash it's $700 lens when the stroller tips over :)

Any thoughts on the Nikon D60? Good OR bad? Other cameras you like? I've still got like 70 days left on my return policy so feel free to be honest!

p.s. Thanks for your well-wishes! The flu has passed and we are feeling much better. Oh, and we're still looking for a place to live.

9 comments:

Abby said...

VERY cute faces!

We have the Nikon D80 and LOVE it. I haven't read up on the D60 or the D90 but I'm guessing they're comparable. Eric and I both love the way the colors come out with Nikon cameras. Have fun!!

Anne said...

I'm a Canon girl myself, but a lot of my photo-junkie friends shoot with Nikon and love it. The only issue to consider (and I'm sure you know this), is that you are from this point on brand loyal. Lenses, etc. are not interchangeable. Anyway, you have so many cool gadgets...a new SLR, a flip, DVR (which I caved and ordered today)...I'm jealous.

heidizinha said...

i have the d80 too. i love it, and really wish i knew how to use it better. want to take a class together if you end up here?

p.s. mae has underwear on today. you've inspired me...and i'm not sure i can do this.

Debbie said...

I bought Raul a D70 a few years ago, but as always a month later there is always something new and improved on the market. He has loved it and it takes wonderful pictures. I bought him a new lense and who knows what else. My brother-in-law is trying to break into the pro side of photography and has a D3 or D300-can't remember...I just left him a message to ask him the difference between the D60 & D90 (value vs bang). When I hear I'll let you know. My cousin has been a professional for MANY years and loves Nikon, who knows how many cameras he has!

Debbie said...

Oh forgot to comment on Paige's face...she is darling, however her angry face looks more like she got caught doing something she shouldn't! CUTE

Debbie said...

Just got this e-mail: it depends on what her end use is... the D90 is a more advanced camera and does video, but if she puts it in the Program (Auto) mode there will be no difference except for the video.

read more abouth the D90... http://www.popphoto.com/cameras/5548/nikon-d90-camera-test.html
read more abouth the D60... http://www.popphoto.com/cameras/5317/camera-test-nikon-d60.html

Hope this helps! If you want to talk to him e-mail me @ dlkr4kids@yahoo.com and I will send you my phone # and give you his too. Good luck.

Bridget said...

Thanks for the info, Debbie! I really appreciate it.

Jean said...

Oh my holy cuteness!!!!!

Us5McEuens said...

Where are you looking to move too? Back up North?