Thursday, January 1, 2009

I may regret this later, but . . .

it's going fairly well so far. After a couple months of sporadic toilet use, I got serious about potty training Little P today. She went pants-less most of the day, sat on the "princess" potty 5 times, actually 'went' on the "princess" potty 3 times (once was #2; YAY!), picked out big girl underwear at the store, and had 1 accident on the kitchen floor, during which she yelled out, "I'M POOPING!". It wasn't poop though, just pee.

I don't know what got into me today, but soon after I woke up I decided today was the day. Maybe it's the New Year. Maybe it's because I won't be living with my parents much longer or living in their carpet-free home (travertine floors make for quick accident clean-up). Maybe it just seems like a good time because for about the next month our lives will be pretty predictable, but after that . . . not predictable, at all.

Which brings me to my next announcement . . . Ben is NO LONGER IN AFGHANISTAN! YAY! He is on his merry way home. Well, not really home, but back to Ft. Lewis, WA where he'll spend the next month training the soldiers who will be taking over his battalion's job in Afghanistan. Then he'll come home. Well, not really home but to St. George (where I am). And then the unpredictable will happen, because we have to find a place to live while Ben tries to find a job and we start our lives together all over again. We have a plan. We're trying to be flexible. We have faith that things will work out for the best. Wish us luck.

Here's to 2009 and new beginnings.

6 comments:

Mindy Burns said...

That is awesome! Both potty training and Ben coming home! I have Wyatt potty trained but haven't started with Carter- when he is done, I will be one happy woman! I know it's a long shot, but we LOVE Rancho Sahuarita, AZ! There are lots of jobs here too! Raytheon, Border Patrol, U of A! You sold yet? :) Have a great 2009!

Anne said...

That's awesome. Way to go, P! You see Ben in less than a week. That is amazing. :)

Tiff said...

YAY to Ben coming home!!!!

Liz Johnson said...

WOOHOO!!!! That is awesome. I am so impressed with P. AMAZING. And I'm SO EXCITED for you to be reunited with Ben!! WOOHOO!!!! Do you have any inklings as to where you'll end up?

Anonymous said...

Hurray for Ben coming home! What a relief, it's almost over. And as for little P, she is such a big girl. Maybe she could come give Oliver a few pointers..:)

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

that's great! i'm so happy for you.